We’re proud of the far reach of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign—we have the nation’s second-largest international population among public universities, with more than 11,000 international students and scholars from 110 countries. And after graduation, our alumni take our Illini spirit across the globe, with more than 50,000 alumni working in 170 countries. These students and alumni help us achieve our mission of being a global leader in higher education, fostering an environment of education and research with global impact. Today, we celebrate our global U of I community!
- Wow! International Student Talent Show
- Celebrating our International Students & Their Impact at U of I
Wow! International Student Talent Show
Our international students impress us every day, both inside and outside of the classroom. Here, a few of our students share their talents—from music to dance to magic—for our International Student Talent Show! Let’s all give them a virtual standing ovation!
Click the above image to view the video
International Talent Show Performances (in order of appearance):
- Dance Performance by Zindaa UIUC
- Dance Performance by Colors of Faith
- Cover for Tears in Heaven & Not Shy Dance Cover by Shreya Majumdar, Class of 2020, Astronomy in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- One Ball to Four Magic Routine by Xuanshu Lin, Class of 2023, Urban Studies & Planning at the College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Rap Performance by Aravind “Babs”, PhD Class of 2019-24, Materials Science and Engineering
Celebrating our International Students &
Their Impact at U of I
At the University of Illinois, our international students are a vital part of our thriving community, helping us with our mission to be a global leader in higher education, research and engagement. With the support of International Illinois, which offers a broad range of programs and services supporting students both on campus and in our extended global classroom, we believe our students are the next generation of global problem solvers.
Here’s a few of the latest highlights:
- We recently announced the recipients of our 2020 International Achievement Awards, which recognize outstanding alumni, faculty, and students whose exceptional work, service, and/or scholarship has made a significant, global impact. Watch the award presentation here, or read all about the recipients and their achievements here.
- International Illinois released its latest Annual Report, sharing a snapshot of achievements and accomplishments from the 2018-2019 academic year. And here’s a quick breakdown of our international impact By the Numbers (including that Open Doors ranked U of I number 1 among public institutions for number of international students enrolled).
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Birmingham created the Birmingham-Illinois Partnership for Discovery, Engagement, and Education (BRIDGE) in 2014 as a framework for continued collaboration and investment between the institutions. Here, read about the outcomes of the latest projects.