Buffalo Chicken Dip from Barry Houser, Director of the Marching Illini & Fighting Illini Athletic Bands
Barry L. Houser is the Director of the Marching Illini & Fighting Illini Athletic Bands, Associate Director of Bands and Clinical Assistant Professor in the School of Music at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of cooked chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup of ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 cups of shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips, French bread baguette slices, or celery ribs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased 1 quart baking dish.
3. Layer with cooked chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and your choice of ranch or blue cheese salad dressing.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Either keep the ingredients layered or feel free to mix all of the ingredients up as well.
*If you decide to mix all of the ingredients up, spread a thin layer of cheese on top before baking
6. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Pull out those chips, baguette slices or celery and dip away…it’s time for KICKOFF!